Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for BRIGNALL in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at Morritt's Arms Hotel, Greta Bridge; Mrs. H. Ward, postmistress.
Letters arrive via Barnard Castle, week days, 8-30 a.m., Sundays, 10-50 a.m.; and
are despatched, week days, 3-55 p.m., Sundays, 1-35 p.m. Postal Orders are issued here.
Miscellany of trades
- Bainbridge Mrs. Jane, cowkeeper
- Lowe John, cowkeeper
- Nelson John, stonemason to R. A. Merritt, Esq.
- Oliver Geo., joiner & carpenter, New Tutta beck
- Spencer Thomas, cowkeeper, Moor house
- Tilbury Rev. Robt., M.A., rector, The Rectory
- Ward Mrs. Hannah, vict. and postmistress, Merritt's Arms Hotel, Greta Bridge
- Wrightsen Mary, cowkeeper
- Anderson Mrs. Alice, Moor house
- Atkinson Alfred, Dent house
- Ayre Ralph, Trees farm
- Bowman Andrew
- Bowren William, Timpton hill
- Dowson Hugh Geo. (& cattle dealer), Lilly hill
- Errington John, Brignall farm
- Jackson Robert, Tutta beck
- Longstall John, Cockleberry
- Tennet Thomas (and miller), Brignall mill
- Tennet William Thomas, Birk house
- Ward Hannah & Son (John), Greta Bridge
- White John, Birk hall
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016