GENUKI Home page    Bulmer Parish<br>main page Bulmer
Parish
main page

BULMER:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"BULMER, a parish in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, comprising the chapelry of Henderskelf, and the townships of Bulmer and Welburn, and containing 850 inhabitants, of which number, 339 are in the township of Bulmer, 7 miles W.S.W. from New Malton. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at 11, and in the patronage of Earl Fitzwilliam. The church is dedicated to St. Martin. The river Derwent bounds this parish on the east."


"HENDERSKELF, a chapelry in the parish of Bulmer and wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles W.S.W. from New Malton, containing 159 inhabitants."


"WELBURN, a township in the parish of Bulmer, and wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles W.S.W. from New Malton, containing 352 inhabitants."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014