"BULMER, a parish in the N.R. of Yorkshire."
"HENDERSKELFE, (given as "HILDERSKILL") in the parish of Bulmer, in the North Riding of Yorkshire, to the S. W. of New-Malton, is by some called Hundred-Well, from the many fountains springing there. Here was a castle built by the Barons of Greystock, which being burnt down, the late Earl of Carlisle built Castle-Howard in the room of it."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Stephen Whatley's England's Gazetteer, 1750]