Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for CLEASBY in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at William Edgar's. Letters arrive daily via Darlington at
6-50 a.m., and are despatched, week-days, at 5-25 p.m.; Sundays, 3-10 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Abbott Samuel, butcher
- Beecham William, shopkeeper
- Best Thomas, shoemaker
- Braban Mrs. Margaret
- Brown Ralph, blacksmith
- Edgar William, postmaster
- Giles Miss Helen, schoolmistress
- Habron Peter, market gardener
- Hetherington John
- Hudson John, parish clerk
- Johnson Mrs. Frances Jane
- Johnson Miss Jane, Rose villa
- Taylor Rev. Rd. Hunsley, B.A., The Vicarage
- Wood Mrs. Margaret
- Coates Christopher (and auctioneer and valuer}
- Guy Thomas
- Johnson Charles Henry, Cleasby hall
- Johnson George Herbert, High farm
- Mitchell John
- Moore George, Cleasby grange
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014