"COLD KIRBY, a parish in the wapentake of BIRDFORTH, North riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles E.N.E. from Thirsk, containing 185 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Lord Feversham."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]