Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for COLD KIRBY in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office; John Ranson, sub-postmaster. Letters via Thirsk arrive about
9-30 a.m., and are despatched at 4-10 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Gillatt Henry, estate bailiff
- Scurr William, vict., New Inn
- St. Michael's School: Samuel Mitchell, master
- Sunley William, blacksmith
- Thirkill George, joiner, &c.
- Almond Thomas
- Banks John, Garbutt farm, Hambleton
- Bentley John
- Bosomworth Christopher
- Dawson Alfred Wilham
- Holmes William
- Sharp William
- Simpson Job (and butcher)
- Tyerman Mrs. Ann
- Wrathall Rd. Garth, High house, Hambleton
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.53 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]