Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for CRATHORNE in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office, &c., Yarm, four miles distant. Letters arrive about
9-0 a.m. Wall Box adjoining the school. Collections at 5-0 p.m. in summer,
and 4-30 p.m. in winter.
Miscellany of trades
- Bell Mrs. Ann
- Burton Robert, farmer and vict., Crathorne Inn
- Dalkin Miss Catherine Jane Tolson, mistress, Board school
- Dickinson Wm., farm bailiff, Crathorne grange
- Dobson Thomas, miller, Mill farm
- Dugdale James Lionel, Esq., Crathorne hall
- Harrison William, wool and cattle dealer
- Lincoln Mr. George, Old hall
- Metcalfe James, builder, grocer, and farmer
- Meynell Francis, blacksmith
- Rhymer Mr. Thomas
- Welford James, bootmaker, &c.
- Wilson Rev. James Alder, M.A., rector
- Wilson James, joiner
- Adamson Jane, Corpse house
- Brown William, Glebe
- Charlton William, High Foxton
- Dobson William, Mill farm
- Dodds John, Low Foxton
- Harrison John Martin, Mount flatts
- Harrison William, Mount flatts
- Jobling Thomas, Town end
- Smith George, Hunter banks
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.53 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]