"DALBY, a parish in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 9 miles S.W. from New Malton, containing, with Skewsby, 169 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £5. 1. 0. Mrs. Leybourne was patroness in %1S06. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
"SKEWSBY, a township in the parish of DALBY, wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 8 miles N.E. from Easingwold. The population is returned with the parish."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]