GENUKI Home page    Easington Parish<br>main page Easington
Parish
main page

EASINGTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"EASINGTON, a parish in the eastern division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 9 miles N.E. from Guilsbrough, containing 507 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at 14. 8. 6., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to All Saints."


"BOULBY, a hamlet in the parish of EASINGTON, eastern division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 11 miles W.N.W. from Whitby. The population is returned with the parish. This place is noted for its extensive alum-works, which were begun in 1615; they contain various petrifactions of ammonites, or snake stones, trochita, and shells of the bivalve kind."


"LIVERTON, a chapelry in the parish of EASINGTON, eastern division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 7g miles N.E. from Guilsbrough, containing 251 inhabitants."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014