Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades"
for EAST HARLSEY in White's Directory of 1840.
- W Mauleverer Esq,
- Viscount Downe
- John Charles Maynard Esq.
- Jno Chas Maynard Esq, Harlsey Hall
- Geo Robinson, gent
- Rev Jonathon W Steele, incumbent
- Thomas Appleton, brewer and maltster
- John Boston, shoemaker
- Wm Clayton, school
- Wm Cowell, vict and blacksmith Cat and Bagpipes
- John Johnson, vict Black Swan
- Wm Dennison and My Garbutt, shopkeepers
- Wm Ragg and John Wright, tailors
- Wm Sample, saddler
- Jas Sturdy, joiner
- Thos and Wm Eyre
- Rt Bamlet
- Robt Cole and Wm Gibson, Mountgrace (containing extensive ruins of the
- Carthusian Priory founded in 1396)
- Thos Eden
- Rt Elwood
- Rt Harrison
- Jas Metcalf
- Mary Ann Oxendale
- Raper Stockill (and butcher)
- Wm Weighill
Transcribed by Caroline Gaden.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]