GENUKI Home page    Ebberston Parish<br>main page Ebberston
Parish
main page

EBBERSTON:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"EBBERSTON, a parish in the wapentake of PICKERING lythe, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles E. from Pickering, containing 505 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean of York, rated in the king's books at £5. 17. 3., and endowed with £400 parliamentary grant. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."


"SNAINTON, a chapelry partly in the parish of EBBERSTON, but chiefly in that of BROMPTON, PICKERING lythe, North riding of the county of YORK, 9 miles W.S.W. from Scarborough, containing 603 inhabitants. The chapel is subordinate to the vicarage of Brompton. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016