GENUKI Home page    Extra Parochial Parish<br>main page Extra Parochial
Parish
main page

EXTRA PAROCHIAL:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.

"EXTRA PAROCHIAL, a parish in the wapentake of Extra-parochial."


"COTCLIFF, an extra-parochial place in the wapentake of Allertonshire, in the North Riding of the county of York, 5 miles N. of Thirsk."


"HARDY FLATTS, an extra-parochial place in the township of Welburn, North Riding county York, 5 miles S.W. of New Malton."


"HUTTON CONYERS, an extra-parochial place, in the wapentake of Allertonshire, North Riding county York, 1 mile N. of Ripon. The village is situated on the N. bank of the river Ouse. The North-Eastern railway passes through the township. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in brick and tile making."


"LAZENBY, an extra-parochial place in the wapentake of Allertonshire, North Riding county York, 3 miles from Redcar, and the same distance from Cleveland."


"MORTON, an extra-parochial place in the wapentake of Birdforth, North Riding county York, 5 miles N.W. of Helmsley."


"SAINT MARTIN, an extra-parochial place, in the chapelry of Hipswell, North Riding county York, 1 mile S.E. of Richmond. It had a Benedictine priory cell to York, founded in 1100 by Wyomar of Aske, chief steward to the Earl of Richmond. Its revenue at the Dissolution was estimated at 43 16s. 8d."


"TURNHILL, an extra-parochial place in the wapentake of Pickering Lythe, North Riding county York."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014