Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for FARLINGTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
Miscellany of trades
- Abell James and Robert, carriers
- Bell George, joiner and wheelwright
- Blackburn Miss Eliz. A., Rockingham villa
- Crosby William, shoemaker
- Darley William, cowkeeper
- Dennyson John, private school
- Grainger James Clark, blacksmith
- Hayes Mrs. Elizabeth, shopkeeper and huckster
- Hayes Mr. William, Old vicarage
- Jackson Robert and John, tailors, &c.
- Morland Henry, cowkeeper and carrier
- Quirk Miss Elizabeth, schoolmistress
- Rowntree Mrs., vict., Blacksmiths' Arms
- Wyrill George, joiner and carpenter
- Wyrill Messrs. J., Sons & Co., agricultural engineers, millwrights, and machine makers
and agents; makers of prize agricultural implements, and machine proprietors, North
Bridge works. Established 1780
- Andrews Thomas (yeo.) Farlington lodge
- Arminson Richard Bean, Black Collar hall
- Bean W., Ashbrook house and Black Collar hall
- Darley Mrs. & Sons (owners), Wandmire farm
- Darley Jonathan, Low Thornthorp
- Gibson John, Backfield house
- Gill Robert (and horses and traps for hire)
- Jarmain Thomas Edward
- Law Thomas
- Morrell Mrs. William, Farlington grange
- Savage Christopher, Raisbeck farm
- Wilson William, Woodhouse farm
- Wyrill R. (and land agent), Upper Thornthorp
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]