[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"FELIXKIRK, (or Feliskirk) a parish in the wapentake of Birdforth ; 3 miles NE. of Thirsk. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to St. Felix (see Churches for photograph); the living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Archbishop of York, the Rev. W. S. Dennison is the incumbent, and the Rev. Thomas Kilby the resident curate. Pop. 113."
"BOLTBY, in the parish of Felixkirk, and wapentake of Birdforth; 2 miles NE. of Felixkirk, 6 miles NE. of Thirsk. Here is a Chapel of Ease, dedicated to the Holy-Trinity, rebuilt in 1804, of which the Rev. T. Kilby, is curate. Population, 403."
"CLEAVES, a farm house in the township of Sutton-under-Whitestonecliffe, and parish of Felixkirk; 2 miles ESE. of Felixkirk, 3½ miles from Thirsk."
"MARDERBY, 2 farm houses in the parish of Felixkirk, wapentake of Birdforth and liberty of Ripon; ½ mile S. of Felixkirk, 2½ miles NE. of Thirsk."
"MOUNT SAINT JOHN, (the seat of the Rev. Heneage Elsley,) in the township and parish of Felixkirk, wapentake of Birdforth, liberty of Ripon; ½ mile ENE. of Felixkirk, 3½ miles from Thirsk, 10 from Helmsley.
Here was a preceptory of the knights hospitallers of St. John. -It came to the crown at the dissolution, and was exchanged by Henry VIII. for other lands with the archbishop of York, in which see it now continues. It was valued at the suppression at 102L. 13s. 10d. -Speed and Leland."
"SUTTON UNDER WHITESTONECLIFFE, in the parish of Felixkirk, wapentake of Birdforth, and liberty of Ripon; 1¾ miles SE. of Felixkirk, 4 miles, E. of Thirsk. Here is a Calvinist chapel. Pop. 325."
"THIRLBY, in the parish of Felixkirk, and wapentake of Birdforth ; 1¼ miles ESE. of Felixkirk, 5½ miles ENE. of Thirsk. Population, 167."