Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for FILEY in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Letters from Filey arrive about 9 a.m.; box cleared 4-45 p.m.
Bellwood Morris, nurseryman
- Beswick Thomas K., Lodge
- Bulmer Robert & Henry, steam thrashing machine proprietors
- Chapman Francis, cowkeeper
- Clarke Mrs. Hannah, Crow's nest
- Coulson Miss Sarah Ann
- Croft John, cowkeeper
- Dales Robert, shoemaker
- Foster Mrs. Henrietta, vict., Bull Inn
- Gowan Edith
- Hartas John, station master
- Holder Mrs. Catherine, day school
- Hugill George Wilson, joiner, &c.
- Pilling William, Gristhorpe hall
- Skelton Charles, cowkeeper
- Watson William, grocer
- Foster Henry, Newbiggin
- Jopling John
- Shepheard William
- Shields John, Brittain farm
- Watson Henry, Newbiggin
- Letters from Filey about 9 a.m., and leave at 4 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Birch Matthew, Lebberston hall
- Bulmer Mrs. Hannah
- Dales John, vict., Plough Inn, and blacksmith
- Hall George, joiner
- Smith Mrs. Zillah, Lebbertson lodge
- Sonley P., vict., Ox Inn
- Atkinson Pudsey
- Boreman Ringrose, Lingholm
- Brown Robert (and butcher)
- Darrell Thomas
- Jackson James
- Jackson Samuel
- Newham Thomas (and butcher)
- Pearson James, Mount pleasant
- Wallace John
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014