GENUKI Home page    Finghall Parish<br>main page Finghall
Parish
main page

FINGHALL:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"FINGHALL, a parish in the western division of the wapentake of HANG, North riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Akebar, Burton- Constable, Fingall, and Hang-Hutton, and containing 398 inhabitants, of which number, 126 are in the township of Fingall, 5 miles E.N.E. from Middleham. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Richmond, and diocese of Chester, rated in the king's books at 18. 18. 4., and in the patronage of Marmaduke Wyvill, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew."


"AKEBAR, a township in the parish of FINGHALL, western division of the wapentake of HANG, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles E.N.E. from Middleham, containing 43 inhabitants."


"BURTON CONSTABLE, a township in the parish of FINGHALL, western division of the wapentake of HANG, North riding of the county of YORK, 4J miles N.E. from Middleham, containing 204 inhabitants."


"HIGH HUTTON HANG, a township in the parish of FINGHALL, western division of the wapentake of HANG, North riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles E.N.E. from Middleham, containing 25 inhabitants."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014