Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades"
for GATE HELMSLEY in White's Directory of 1840.
- Thomas Parratt Esq is Lord of the Manor but the land
- is mostly owned by Messrs T Wilson and F Horsley
- Rev. William Wilkinson is incumbent of St Mary's church
- Mr James Martin, proprietor of a comodious and well conducted Retreat for
reception and recovery of people of both sexes afflicted with disorders of
Miscellany of trades
- John Butler, butcher
- William Dickens, smith
- Thomas Fewster, cooper and vict Black Horse
- Frederick Horsley, yeoman
- William Loardman, maltster and brewer
- James Martin, Retreat
- John Tanfield, shoemaker
- William Walker, joiner
- George Cooper, farmer
- J Fowler, farmer
Transcribed by Caroline Gaden.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]