Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for GOATHLAND in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
Postal Address, Goathland, York.
- Post Office, William Peirson receiver. Mails arrive at 8-35 a.m. from York, and are
despatched at 6-10 p.m. The nearest Money Order and Telegraph office is at Grosmont, R.S.O.
School Board - Five members;
- Christopher Lightfoot, chairman;
- Joseph Morley, clerk;
- Adam Calvert, attendance officer.
- John Hill, assistant overseer.
Miscellany of trades
- Banks Thomas Joseph, artist
- Brigham Emanuel, tailor and draper
- Brough John, mason
- Calvert Francis, bootmaker
- Elwick John, station master
- Gibbon Isaac, tailor and draper, Beckhole
- Hare Rev. Ernest B., M.A., vicar
- Harrison Charles, bootmaker, and at Grosmont,R.S.O.
- Henderson William, artist, Heathwold house
- Hill Captain Thomas, Thornhill house
- Hill John, refreshments, pony and trap for hire & vict., Goathland Hotel
- Hutton Richard Parkinson, quarry foreman
- Leng Matthew, bootmaker, Darnholme
- Liverseed Bryan, joiner
- Mc.Laren William, schoolmaster
- Peirson William, general dealer
- Robinson Thomas, beer retailer and grocer
- Simpson Mr. Edmund Lotherington
- Sleightholme James, joiner
- Sleightholme John, vict., Cross Pipes Inn
- Stanforth Anthony, carter
- Stanforth Thomas, grocer
- Stanforth W., vict. and bootmaker, Lord Nelson
- Underwood William, butcher, grocer, and farmer, Beckhole
- Agar George, Goathland house
- Booth Joseph
- Brockett Charles, Partridge hill
- Dowson James (and miller)
- Dowson John, Whitfield house
- Grayson James, Greenland
- Harwood Mrs. Susannah, Abbot's house
- Lattimore Jacob
- Lightfoot Christopher
- Morley George, Green end
- Morley Joseph
- Oxley John, Birch house
- Peirson Aaron
- Peirson John
- Peirson William
- Robinson William, Barnett house
- Rook Thomas, Manor house
- Sleightholme Mrs. Hannah, Hawthorn hill
- Sleigtholme William
- Smith William, Hunt house
- Swales Thos., Hawthorn hill (and blacksmith), Beckhole
- Wilson George, Ellers farm
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014