The Ancient Parish of HAWNBY
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"HAWNBY, a parish in the wapentake of Birdforth; 6 miles NW. of Helmsley. The
church is dedicated to All Saints (see Churches for photograph), the living is a rectory, in the patronage
of the Cavendish family; and the Rev. Godfrey Wolley, is the incumbent.
Information on the following places in
this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- Bilsdale West Side
- Bumper Castle
- Dale Town
- Limekiln House
- Rainsdale Graven
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Haydn Scott has transcribed the following population censuses for Hawnby parish:
- Here is a photograph of
All Saints' Church, Hawnby. (The smoke is due to wood being burnt nearby).
- Justine Cornforth has transcribed the following from the BTs for Hawnby 1723 to 1853:
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the
Parish of Hawnby.
- A transcription of the
List of Rectors on a plaque inside the Church.
- This parish is covered (or partly covered) by the following Societies:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015