"BILSDALE KIRKHAM, a hamlet in the parish of Helmsley, and wapentake of Rydale; 11 miles NNW. from Helmsley. Population included in Bilsdale-Midcable. The Church is a perpetual curacy, value, p.r. 60L. 15s. 0d. Patron, the Vicar of Helmsley."
"BILSDALE MIDCABLE, (or Bilsdale East Side), a township in the parish of Helmsley, & wapentake of Rydale; 7 miles NNW. of Helmsley. Here is a church under Helmsley, incumbent the Rev. John Dixon, in the gift of the vicar of Helmsley, likewise a Meeting-house for the Society of Friends. Population, including Bilsdale Kirkham, 780. (see also next paragraph)
BILSDALE MIDCABLE, in the parish of Helmsley, is a chapelry on the east side of Ryedale extending 7 to 12 miles N by W of Helmsley including the hamlets of Crosett and Chapel-Yate. 759 inhabitants 8380 acres of land. Lord Feversham is Lord of the Manor. Stoadfast Hill on the moors is the site of a Druids' Temple. It was discovered in 1824. The Chapel of Ease (St Hilda) is the head of a deep romantic dale 6 miles S by E of Stokesley. [Description from White's 1840 gazetteer]"
"CARLTON, in the parish of Helmsley, wapentake of Rydale; 2 miles N. of Helmsley."