Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for HILTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Postal Address, Hilton, Yarm. Sub-post Office at John Wilford's.
Delivery at 8-45 a.m.; despatch, 1-45 p.m. on week days only.
Miscellany of trades
- Appleton Mr. William
- Appleton William, junr., tailor
- Braithwaite William, miller, Leven bridge
- Caskin Mrs. John, vict., Falcon Inn
- Faithfull Rev. Arthur Ferdinand, M.A., vicar, Leven bridge
- Farnaby William, vict., Cross Keys
- Hay Mrs. Jane, Hilton manor
- Lisle Mrs. Mary Jane, High Leven
- Mitchinson John, blacksmith and parish clerk
- Moore Ralph, vict. and farmer, Half Moon, High Leven
- Ness Miss Eliza Annie, schoolmistress
- Rowntree Francis, seed and manure merchant
- Wilfrid John, shoemaker (probably the John Welford(e) shown in the 1881 census
RG11 piece 4866 folio 13 page 3)
- Caskin John
- Danby John, Moorberries
- Jameson George, Greenfield
- Johnson James, Fir Tree
- Robinson Thomas, Hilton house
- Stockdale Jane, Cow close
- Valentine Robert, Mill farm
- Waller Matthew, Ox hill
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016