"HUSTHWAITE, a parish in the wapentake of Birdforth, North Riding county York, 4 miles N. of Easingwold, its market and post town. It is situated near the Thirsk and Malton railway, which has a station at Husthwaite Gate, where the trains stop when required. The village, which is small, is situated on rising ground. About half the land is arable. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of York, value £103, in the patronage of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient stone structure with square tower containing three bells. The register dates from 1674. There is a Sunday-school, and a village school for both sexes. The charities yield. £7 per annum. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. The principal residence is Husthwaite House."
"CARLTON HUSTHWAITE, a chapelry in the parish of Husthwaite, wapentake of Birdforth, in the North Riding of the county of York, 5 miles to the N. of Easingwold."
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
by Colin Hinson ©2013