Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for HUTTON BUSCEL in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
HUTTON BUSCEL TOWNSHIP.
- Post Office at Edward Barker's; Money Order Office and Savings Bank, East Ayton; and
Telegraph Office, Scarborough. Delivery of Letters, week day, 8-50 a.m., Sunday, 8-20 a.m., and
July, August, September, and October, at 10-20 a.m. Despatch, week day, 5-5 p.m., Sunday,
11-40 a.m. Postal Address, Hutton Buscel, Seamer, York.
Miscellany of trades
- Dowsland Francis
- Endowed Church of England School, Charles William Lotherington
- Garbutt John, collector of income and land tax
- Halder Sarah, vict., Downe Arms
- Henderson John, M.B., C.M., resident assistant surgeon
- Hick Peter, stonemason
- Hogg Robert, blacksmith
- Jobson Mrs. Elizabeth Ann
- Kirkby Hedley, grocer
- Lapish Miss Lucy
- Little Rev. Thomas Gurney, M.A., vicar
- Lotherington Charles William, registrar of births and deaths, Monday and Wednesday,
4 to 5, and assistant overseer
- Ogle Henry Wilkinson, grocer and bootmaker
- Pawson Joseph, sailor
- Plaxton Mrs. Maria Ann, The Mount
- Ramsay William Henry, surgeon
- Reading Room; Hon. Sec., Robert Plaxton
- Tindall Henry Chester, bootmaker
- Bowes Geo. (and timber merchant)
- Bowes Robert
- Brisby George
- Cooper Harold
- Danby Level, Swan hill
- Danby Richard
- Gibson William Pexton
- Hogg William
- Marflett Thomas Barker, Chamber Park
- Pearson Henry
WEST AYTON TOWNSHIP.
- Post Office, &c., East Ayton. Postal Address, Seamer, York. Box collection,
5-30 p.m., Sunday, 1-30 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Bell Miss Hannah
- Britain John, miller, corn factor, & farmer, Derwent Flour mills
- Burton Thomas, mason and builder
- Candler Mrs. Jane, Low hall
- Greenheld Mrs. Anne
- Hebden Mrs. E., Red house
- Jefferson Francis, joiner
- Mainprize George, mason
- Marshall Miss Alice, dressmaker & milliner
- Mayman Thomas Welburn, tailor
- Moore George, blacksmith
- Penrose John, vict., Star Inn
- Raine Hannah, grocer
- Raine John Cooper, grocer and mason
- Robinson Miss Ellen, mistress of infant school
- Scholes Herbert, auctioneer, valuer, house, estate, and insurance agent, &c.
- Slater Mary, lodgings
- Wilkinson Feaster, joiner, &c.
- Wilkinson James, butcher and farmer
- Darrell James Smith
- Darrell Thomas, Spiker hill
- Hopper George, Yedmandale
- Prince Glaves, High Yedmandale
- Sedman John
- Carrier, Martin Taylor, to Scarborough, Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Railway Station (Pickering & Seamer Branch); Thomas Laycock, station and goods agent
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015