"HUTTONS AMBO, a parish in the wapentake of Bulmer, North Riding county York, 3 miles S.W. of New Malton, its post town. It is situated on the river Derwent, and the York and North-Eastern railway passes through the parish. It contains the villages of Hutton, High and Low. The soil is composed chiefly of clay and loam, on limestone subsoil. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1805. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of York, value £93, in the patronage of the archbishop. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is a modern building with turret containing two bells. The Wesleyans have a chapel at High Hutton. There are National schools for both sexes, also a Sunday-school. The lords of the manor are George Foljambe and Joseph Starkey, Esqs."
"HIGH HUTTON, (and Low Hutton) hamlets in the parish of Huttons-Ambo, North Riding county York, 3 miles S.W. of New Malton."