Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for HUTTONS AMBO in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at William Farndales, Low Hutton. Letters via York arrive at
6-20 a.m., and are despatched at 7-30 p.m. Box at High Hutton cleared at 7 p.m. No
collection on Sundays.
Miscellany of trades
- Ambler Benjamin, schoolmaster
- Brooks William, station master
- Corner John, joiner and builder
- Dawes Rev. George, B.A., vicar
- Dodsworth Mrs. Jane Catherine, Derwent villa
- Edmondson John Wm., builder and contractor
- Elwood Charles, farm bailiff for Capt. Starkey
- Gant William, grocer and provision dealer
- Hall William, builder, Bose cottage
- Hicks Timothy, joiner and wheelwright
- Pickering William, blacksmith
- Snarry James, Esq., Musley bank and Model farm, Norton
- Starkey Captain Thomas Stanton, The Hall
- Avison Tom
- Brigham Thomas, Westerdale
- Burgess Henry, High Gatenby
- Daniels, George, Hutton hill
- Harrison Frederick James, Roughborough
- Harrison William (and valuer)
- Horsley George, Netherby house
- Monkman John, Stock hill
- Potter Richard, Bar farm
- Stilborn William, Manor house
- Walker David, Golden hill
- Walkington Robert, Cherry farm
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]