GENUKI Home page    Ingleby Greenhow Parish<br>main page Ingleby Greenhow
Parish
main page

INGLEBY GREENHOW:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

"INGLEBY GREENHOW, a parish in the western, division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Battersby, Greenhow, and Ingleby-Greenhow, and containing 347 inhabitants, of which number, 158 are in the township of Ingleby-Greenhow, 4 miles E.S.E. from Stokesley. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty. Sir William Foulis, Bart, was patron in 1787. The church was rebuilt in 1741. In 1766, John Rowland gave £100 towards the instruction of poor children."


"BATTERSBY, a township in the parish of INGLEBYGREENHOW, western division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles S.E. from Stokesley, containing 87' inhabitants."


"GREENHOW, a township in the parish of INGLEBYGREENHOW, western division of the liberty of LANGBAURGH, North riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles E.S.E. from Stokesley, containing 102 inhabitants."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015