"KILBURN, a parish partly in the wapentake of BIRDFORTH, North riding, and partly within the liberty of RIPON, West riding, of the county of YORK, comprising the township of Hood with Osgoodby-Grange, and Kilburn, and containing 530 inhabitants, of which number, 500 are in the township of Kilburn, 7 miles N.W. from Easingwold. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, endowed with £200 private benefaction, £200 royal bounty, and £1000 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Archbishop of York. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a trifling sum, the gift of Ann Berry, in 1768, for the education of one girl."
"HOOD, a township in that part of the parish of KILBURN, which is in the wapentake of BIRDFORTH, North riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles E. from Thirsk, containing, with Osgoodby Grange, 30 inhabitants."
"OSGOODBY GRANGE, a hamlet in that part of the parish of KILBURN, which is in the liberty of RIPON, West riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles S.E. from Thirsk. The population is returned with the township of Hood."
any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016