"KIRKBY FLEETHAM, a parish in the eastern division of the wapentake of HANG, North riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles S.S.E. from Catterick, containing 566 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of Chester, rated in the king's books at £9. 18. 2., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is, dedicated to St. Mary."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]