The Ancient Parish of KIRKDALE
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"KIRKDALE, a parish in the wapentake of Rydale; 2 miles W. of Kirkbymoorside."
(There is further information for Kirkdale).
Information on the following places in
this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- Ewe Cote
- Nawton Lodge
- South Field
- Wether Cote
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Here is a photograph of
The graveyard, St. Gregory's Church, Kirkdale.
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- In 1873 the township of Bransdale(in this parish) joined with
some other townships to become a parish in their own right.
Bransdale with Farndale Parish.
- This parish is covered (or partly covered) by the following Societies:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015