GENUKI Home page    Leake Parish Leake
Parish

In 1822, the following places were in


the Parish of Leake:


"BORROWBY, in the parish of Leake, waps. of Allertonshire & Birdforth; 1 mile SSW. of Leake, 5½ miles SE. of Northallerton. Here is a Methodist chapel. Pop. 267."


"CATTO, a farm house in the township of Landmoth, and parish of Leake, wapentake & liberty of Allertonshire; 1 mile NNW. of Leake, 4 miles E. of Northallerton. Pop. with Landmoth 59."


"CROSBY, in the parish of Leake, wapentake and liberty of Allertonshire; 2 miles WNW. of Leake, 4 miles SE. of Northallerton. Pop. 39."


"GUELDABLE, an area in the parish of Leake, and wapentake of Birdforth; 4 miles N. of Thirsk. Pop. 128."


"KEPWICK, in the parishes of Leake, Cowesby, and Over-Silton, and wapentake of Birdforth; 1¾ miles SE. of Over Silton, 8 miles NNE. of Thirsk. Pop. 170."


"KNAYTON, in the parish of Leake, wapentake and liberty of Allertonshire; 1¾ miles S. of Leake, 4 miles N. of Thirsk. Here is a Methodist chapel. Pop. including Brawith, 377."


"LANDMOTH, in the parish of Leake, wapentake and liberty of Allertonshire; 1¼ miles NNW. of Leake, 4 miles SE. of Northallerton. Population including Catto, 59."


"NETHER SILTON, (or Low Silton) in the parish of Leake, and wapentake of Birdforth; 1¾ miles ENE. of Leake, 7 miles E. of Northallerton. Exclusive of the Chapel of Ease to the parish church, in which the vicar of Leake officiates as curate, there is here a Methodist chapel. Population, 202."

[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. 2010]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014