"LEVISHAM, a parish in the wapentake of PICKERING lythe, North riding of the county of YORK, 65 miles N.N.E. from Pickering, containing 152 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £7. 8. 1. Mrs. Skelton was patroness in 1818. John Poad, in 1783, devised an estate, after certain deductions, for the education of six poor children of this parish, and six of Lockton; the income is £12 per annum."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]