Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for MARSKE in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office, Marske; A. Busby, postmaster. Letters, via Richmond,
arrive about 8-30 am., and
are despatched at 4-15 p.m. (week-days). They arrive about the same time on Sundays, but
are despatched at 3-20 p.m. Postal Orders are issued here.
Miscellany of trades
- Allinson Joseph, stonemason
- Batey William, gamekeeper and caretaker, Marske hall
- Bradbury John, cowkeeper, Hard stiles
- Busby Anthony, postmaster and carrier
- Busby Wm., Temperance Hotel and shopkeeper
- Coates John, joiner and wheelwright, Clints
- Eden John, blacksmith
- Genger Thomas, estate bailiff to J. T. D'Arcy Hutton, Esq.
- Hall Joseph, schoolmaster
- Hutton John Timothy D'Arcy, Esq., Marske hall
- Petty John, parish clerk, Clints
- Tate James, cowkeeper, Skelton
- Terry Thomas, tailor
- Vesey Rev. Thos. Agmondisham, The Rectory
- Allinson James (and stonemason), Skelton
- Atkinson Alfred, Park top
- Brown Christopher, Telfit house
- Brown John William, Skelton
- Brown Thos. (and cattle dealer), Manor house
- Cleminson James, Jingle pot
- Hodgson Henry, Moor house
- Iveson John, Orgate farm
- Metcalfe Tsaac, West Feldom
- Mudd Mrs. Ann and Sons (Thos. and John Lambert), Cordilleras
- Peacock James, High Feldom
- Robinson William Henry, Applegarth
- Thompson Oswald Baynes, Hollings
- Thwaites Mrs. Jane and Sons, East Feldom
- Welford William, Low Feldom
- Wilson Christopher, Bushy park
- Wilson John James
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.53 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]