Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for MYTON UPON SWALE in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at Thomas Gibson's. Letters arrive via Helperby, York,
at 8-40 a.m., and are despatched at 5-15 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Chaplin George, gamekeeper, Myton kennels
- Edwards James, blacksmith
- Gibson Thomas, estate joiner, Post office
- Grange Miss Sarah Jane, schoolmistress
- Hart James Joseph, clerk
- Hayes George, grocer, &c.
- Lambert William, vict., Stapylton Arms
- Rogerson Christopher, coal agent
- Skeen Rev. Samuel Slinn, Vicarage
- Stapylton Major Henry Miles, Myton hall
- Ward William, groom, Myton grange
- Watson William, shoemaker
- Wheatley Lawrence, joiner, &c.
- Anderson John
- Flawith Richard, Myton Old hall
- Lyall -, Home farm
- Robinson Timothy, Plump house
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016