Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for NEWTON UNDER ROSEBERRY in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
Postal Address, Newton, Great Ayton.
Miscellany of trades
- Corney Miss Margaret, Newton hall
- Ingledew George, shoemaker
- Tanfield Doylah, blacksmith
- Toulson John, vict., King's Head Inn
- Bradley Eliz. (and quarry owner), Langbaurgh quarries, Newton grange
- Bradley Henry Alfred, White gate
- Metcalfe Charles
- Robinson Richard Taylor, Old Hall farm
- Shepherd Robert, Quarry hall
- Snowdon Ann, Snow hall
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.53 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]