Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for NUNNINGTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Postal address, Nunnington, Oswaldkirk, Yorkshire.
Post Office at Mrs. Mary Jackson's. Mails arrive at 9-30 a.m.,
and are despatched at 3-30 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Brammall Richard, assistant overseer for Nunnington, Newton, Ness, and Stonegrave
- Brydon James, cab proprietor
- Collins Rev. Wm., M.A., The Rectory
- Cussins Maria, grocer
- Dannatt Mary Agnes Jack, schoolmistress
- Edwards Margaret, assistant schoolmistress
- Feetenby Sarah, Glebe villa
- Fleck Thomas, butler, The Hall
- Holmes Parker, vict., Royal Oak Inn
- Robinson John, station master
- Rutson John, Esq., The Hall
- Simpson Matthew, tailor and draper
- Warwick Robert, mason and builder
- Watson George, blacksmith
- Webster John, grocer, draper, and tailor
- Wilson William, bootmaker and dealer
- Wintersgill Andrew Thomas, schoolmaster
- Wray Joseph, grocer and joiner
- Wrightson Stephenson, joiner
- Bosomworth Robert
- Fawcett John William, Low woods
- Feetenby George, Bedford cottage
- Feetenby William
- Foxton Christopher, miller and corn factor, Nunnington mill
- Foxton John, Riccal house, Kirbymoorside
- Gray James, Jessamine cottage
- Harrison William, Diamond cottage
- Holmes Parker, Royal Oak
- Simpson George (and butcher), The Lodge
- Simpson William
- Stamper Catherine & John James, Highfield house
- Cussins Edward, to Helmsley, on Fridays, and to Malton on Saturdays
- Harrison Wm., to Malton, on Saturdays
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]