The Ancient Parish of OLD BYLAND
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. © 2010]
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"OLD BYLAND, a parish in the wapentake of Birdforth; 4½ miles WNW. of Helmsley.
The church is an ancient dilapidated structure (see Churches for photograph) the living is donative, in the
patronage of the Earl of Falconberg; incumbent, the Rev. Michael Mackereth; the
Rev. William Dowker curate. Pop. 133."
- Haydn Scott has transcribed the following population censuses for Old Byland:
1841, with considerable additional information. This file is in Acrobat format.
1871, This file is in Acrobat format.
- Haydn Scott has transcribed the following from the Parish Registers:
- A look up is offered for Old Byland Parish Register Transcripts.
Please see the North Riding
Look-up Exchange, remembering to read the instructions.
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the
Parish of Old Byland.
- A transcription of the
List of Incumbents in All Saints Church, Old Byland.
- This parish is covered (or partly covered) by the following Societies:
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers,
please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014