"OVER SILTON, a parish in the wapentake of BIRDFORTH,.North riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Kepwick and Over Silton> and containing 264 inhabitants, of which number, 94 are in the township of Over Silton, 8 miles N.E. from Thirsk. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant. The church is dedicated to All Saints."
"KEPWICK, a township in the parish of OVER-SILTON, wapentake of BIRDFORTH, North riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles N.N.E. from Thirsk, containing 170 inhabitants."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]