|Seamer In Cleveland
"SEAMER IN CLEVELAND, is a small village, in the parish of its name (which has no dependent township), in the same liberty as Stokesley, two miles n.w. of that town. The church, which is dedicated to St. Martin, and has recently been rebuilt, contains a handsome marble font, supported by a pillar of red granite, found amongst the ruins of a church at Alexandria, in 1798, by Sir Cuthbert Heron, and presented by him to the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy, of which the Rev. Robert Greenside is the incumbent. The population of the parish, in 1831, was 224, being fewer by 25 inhabitants than it contained at the census taken in 1801.
Please see Stokesley Parish for the 1834 trades directory for this township."