Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for SEAMER IN CLEVELAND in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Postal Address, Seamer, Yarm. Nearest Money Order Office,
Stokesley, 2 miles distant, Wall Box at the School; collections, 1 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Appleton Robert, blacksmith
- Galloway Miss Elizabeth, grocer
- Hume John, schoolmaster
- Parkin Thomas, shoemaker
- Pounder John, tailor
- Robinson Thomas, joiner and cartwright
- Seamer Brick and Tile Works, Skutterskelfe road, Philip Braithwaite, proprietor; h Stokesley
- Waller Ann, vict., King's Head Inn
- Waller John, blacksmith, King's Head Inn
- Barugh Jasper
- Buckle Thomas, Manor house
- Dodsworth John
- Hutchinson William
- Martin Geo. Hy, (and manor bailiff), Lowfields
- Orton John Hodgson, White house
- Peirson John, Tame Bridge
- Thomas Richard & Son (Wm.), Seamer hill
- Thompson John William, Seamer grange
- Walton Ralph, Harker hill
- Watson Thomas, Seamer moor
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 18.55 on Sunday, 29 May 2011, by Colin Hinson. ©2011]