"SKELTON, a parish partly in the liberty of ST-PETER-of-YORK, East riding, but chiefly in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding, of the county of YORK, 3 miles N.N.W. from York, containing 273 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the jurisdiction of the peculiar court of Alne and Tollerton, and in the patronage of - Hepworth, Esq. The church is dedicated to All Saints."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]