Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades"
for SKELTON in White's Directory of 1840.
Lords of the manor and landowners:
- J and J Hepworth Esqs are Lords of the Manor, but Viscount Downe, T H Place
- and H Thompson Esqs own part of the land
Miscellany of trades
- Rev John Skelton, Rectory
- Thomas H Place Esq, Skelton Grange
- Henry Thompson Esq, Fairfield Lodge
- Mrs Mary Thompson, Skelton Cottage
- Mrs Arabella Hodgson
- Andrew Hume, schoolmaster and registrar
- Thomas Noble, vict Blacksmiths Arms
- Francis Ridsdale, joiner
- John Ward, smith and vict Bay Horse
- Wm Waterson, shoemaker
- John Barker
- Wm Brown
- Wm Kendra jun, Hall moor
- J Marshall
- Mary Rodwell
- William Sowrey
Transcribed by Caroline Gaden.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.52 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]