Geographical and Historical information from the year 1829.
Pigot's National Commericial Directory for 1828-29
"SNEATON, is a village, in the parish of its name, three miles from Whitby, near
which is Sneaton castle, the seat of Colonel Wilson, M.P. under whose auspices a
new church has been recently erected here. 251 inhabitants form the population
of this parish."
by Colin Hinson ©2007
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014