Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for SNEATON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
Postal Address, Sneaton, Whitby.
- Post Office at Thomas Beeforth's. Letters arrive from Whitby, by rural
postman, at 9-30 a.m.,. and are despatched at 3-40 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Beeforth Henry, assistant overseer
- Benson Henry, joiner; h Ruswarp
- Brodrick Rev. John Barry, rector
- Brooksbank E. H., Esq., Newton house
- Coates (Robt.) & Piscott (Geo.), timber mchnts.
- Corner Miss Elizabeth
- Corner Matthew, schoolmaster
- Coverdale Mrs. Ann
- Jackson Jacob, blacksmith; h Ugglebarnby
- Richardson James Wilson, Esq., The Hall
- Richardson Mrs. Mary, The Hall
- Watson George, joiner and wheelwright
- Watson John, vict. & joiner, Wilson's Arms Inn
- Beeforth Thomas, Post office
- Bielby Spavin
- Dixon Jno. Halder, Kain house, Sneaton Thorpe
- Duck Thomas, May Becks
- Gray John, Mortar Pit house, Sneaton Thorpe
- Harding John, Naggy house, Sneaton Thorpe
- Harland John, Catwick house, Sneaton Thorpe
- Harrison William, Rigg mill
- Hill William
- Parker James, Sneaton Thorpe
- Parker Matthew, Soulsgrave
- Parker Thomas, May Becks
- Robinson John, May Becks
- Robinson William, Manor house
- Smith Stephen, Bennison house
- Swales Joseph, Fallin foss
- Watson Moses, Sneaton Thorpe
- Watson Thomas, Dove's nest
- Watson Thomas, Sneaton Thorpe
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014