"SOUTH KILVINGTON, a village in the parish of its name, the township being included within the limits of Thirsk borough, is 1 mile from that town. The church is dedicated to St. Wilfred : the living is a rectory, in the presentation of the master and fellows of Sidney college, Cambridge ; the present incumbent is the Rev. David Jefferson. The parish contained, at the last census, 414 inhabitants, and the township 279 of that number.
Please see Thirsk Parish for the 1834 trades directory for this parish (under Thirsk)."
[Transcribed by Steve Garton ©2000 from
Pigot's directory (Yorkshire section) 1834]