Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for SOUTH OTTERINGTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post, Money Order, Savings Bank, and Telegraph Office; A. Meynell, postmaster.
Letters via Northallerton, by mail gig, arrive at 7-25 a.m., and are despatched
at 5-10 p.m., and also by train at 6-40 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Bell John, vict., Black Swan
- Bramley Thomas, sexton
- Dandy Vinnington, shopkeeper
- Darnbrough Rev. John Whitton, Rectory
- Dodsworth John, tailor and grocer
- Harker John, joiner and cartwright
- Henderson William, blacksmith
- Horner Charles, mason, &c.
- Kirby Thomas, station master
- Megginson Rd., miller, South Otterington mill
- Meynell Anderson, joiner, miller, and machine wright, and postmaster
- Sanderson John Robert, schoolmaster
- Simpson John, gardener
- Stainthorp Frederic, butcher, &c.
- Walker Samuel, police constable, Police station
- Allison John, Wellfield house
- Cooper William, Hall farm
- Coulson Thomas, Manor farm, Newsham
- Harker Thomas, Moor house
- Hood Mrs. Margaret & Son (Robert), Wighall
- Hutchinson Christopher, Whycliffe grange
- Kitching Samuel
- Pattison John Thomas, Mill farm
- Pearson John (and butcher, Northallerton)
- Shipley William, Elm Tree house
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015