"THORMANBY, a parish in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles N.N.W. from Easingwold, containing 118 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, rated m the king's books at £8. 2. 11., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and m the patronage of Lord Viscount Downe. The churcB is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]