Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for THORMANBY in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at John Close's, New Row. Letters via Easingwold at 8-10 a,m.,
and are despatched at 4-20 p.m. in summer, and 3-20 p.m. in winter.
Miscellany of trades
- Barnett Thomas, joiner, &c.
- Cariss James, blacksmith, &c.
- Close John, grocer and postmaster, New Row
- Close Robert, cowkeeper and farrier
- Fothergill William, steam thrashing machine, &c., proprietor
- Mountain Saxton, vict., Black Bull
- Sigsworth William, shoemaker
- Knowlson George, Thormanby hall
- Knowlson Mrs. Margaret, Fir Tree house
- Plummer William
- Robinson Joseph Thomas, The Hill farm
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©CRH 2006
If you find an error (small or large) in the text or a bad link, please drop me a line via
my error reporting form.
[Last updated at 20.53 on Thursday, 01 August 2013, by Colin Hinson. ©2013]