Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades"
for THORNTON DALE in Baines's Directory of 1823.
- Hill Richard, Esq. lord of the manor
- Webb Rev. John Hill, A.M. rector
- Mackreth Rev. Michael, master of the Free School
- Scholefield Rev. R. R. B. usher, and boarding house
- Storr Thomas
- Green Robert
- Maw John
- Stephenson William
- Coates George
- Rodgers Rachael
- Allanson James
- Humphrey William
- Bolton John
- Brewster William
- Dennis Peter
- Simpson Robert
- Barnes Thomas
- Bolton Richard
- Spendley William
- Beal George, shoemaker
- Burnett William, flax dresser
- Fell Thomas, paper box mfr.
- Hoggard George, cooper
- M'Goffi John, hair dresser, &c.
- Mackley John
- Nichols James, paper maker
- Potter Christopher, saddler and hardware dealer
- Priestman Joseph, tanner
- Priestman Joshua, corn miller
- Richardson Thomas, victualler: Buck
- Skelton George, & parish clerk
- Smith John, gardener
- Wardell Francis, victualler: New Inn
- William Humphrey, to Whitby on Sat. at 4 mg. ret. 10 evg.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014