Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for UPLEATHAM in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at John Wilkinson's. Letters arrive
via Marske-hy-the-Sea, R.S.O., at 7-30 a.m., and
are despatched at 5-50 p.m.
Miscellany of trades
- Appleton John, mkt. gardener, Apple orchard
- Blair Wm. John, farmer, Corngrave
- Bowman Mrs. Alice, schoolmistress
- Bowman George, schoolmaster
- Dixon Rev. Thos. Harrison, M.A., The Vicarage
- Emmerson Lawson, estate joiner
- Heslop Mr. Christopher, agent and manager for Pease & Partners
- Husband John, farmer and woodman, Lane end
- Hutton William, farmer
- Jackson Robert, mole catcher
- Knaggs William, bootmaker and dealer
- Lamb Miss Jane Ellen, dressmaker
- Metcalfe Robert, farm bailiff, The Barns
- Nicholas Francis, gardener
- Pybus John, farmer, Capon hall
- Wilkinson John, grocer, &c.
- Wraugham Thomas, bootmaker
- Zetland Earl of, Upleatham hall
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2016