Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades
for WARTHILL in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Letters via York by messenger, arrive at 9 a.m., and are despatched at 4-15 p.m.
The nearest Money Order Office is York, and Stamford Bridge is the nearest Telegraph
Office. No collection on Sundays.
Miscellany of trades
- Agar Miss, Brockfield house
- Craig Rev. S. B., M.A., vicarage
- Kirlew Amelia, schoolmistress
- Kirlew George, florist
- Shippin Thomas, vict., Bay Horse Inn, and blacksmith
- Steel John, joiner and farmer
- Welburn William, yeo.
- Barton Thomas, Forest farm
- Benson John, Manor farm
- Blake Joseph, Glebe farm
- Cartwright John
- Cartwright Richard
- Cook William
- Dodds Thomas
- Hick James
- Hick William
- Lamb John, Grange farm
- Larcum Gideon, Forest house
- Richmond Robert
- Robinson William
- Wright John
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal
use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2015